FounderBetterlab

New York, NY

Member Since July 2022

Skills

Industrial Design
Design Strategy
Entrepreneurship

About

I am part designer, entrepreneur, and scientist. I leverage these tools to lead opportunities that affect the human condition for the better. I believe the world is what we make it, and doing less bad is not good enough. I am the founder of Studio Bracher, an award-winning design and strategy firm with two decades of experience creating innovative products, building meaningful brands, and bringing game-changing experiences to life, from insight to realization. I am the founder of Betterlab, born from the belief that sometimes it is best to create what is not there, that needs to be there, to improve our world where possible.

Published content

Is a fractional chief design officer right for your business?

article

Ideally, design expertise should live at the heart of an organization, defining its core mandate, systems, and approach to business.

What are the key factors in selecting a business domain?

expert panel

14 business leaders discuss what to look out for and how to stay out of legal trouble. One of the most creative and fun aspects of launching a new business that produces quality products or services is to come up with the right company name that will attract organic users who will keep coming back to visit your website and browse long enough to improve your conversion rate. However, selecting and purchasing a domain name that will be memorable and easy to locate during a Google search is not just a random act of high hopes that people will come if you build it. It takes a well-thought-out strategy to ensure the domain also aligns with your brand's core values and will continue to be a good fit as your portfolio of offerings continues to grow over time. Below, experts from Fast Company Executive Board weigh in on essential items to consider whether you are purchasing a domain for a new or existing business.

Are you overwhelmed with juggling work and night classes?

expert panel

16 ways to find a happy medium in reaching your personal and professional life goals. Working a nine-to-five career can be overwhelming depending on the types of responsibilities you have on your daily plate. Add to the mix, the pursuit of a certification or degree through continued education after work—while building on personal friendships or raising a new family—and it's understandable for anyone to feel burned out from a lack of work-life balance if they're struggling. Below, Fast Company Executive Board members each offer one tip for maintaining a healthy lifestyle while juggling work duties and attending evening classes.

Want to decrease your marketing spend and increase profits? Invest in design

article

Three ways brands can effectively invest in design.

Why investors gain when they value design 

article

Investors need to understand design and how it can help them make better decisions about when to invest and how to support the companies in which they do invest.  

13 essential talents to look for in your next round of hires

expert panel

Do your team members possess these key characteristics?   The key to maintaining longevity in business is to hire the right people who can best represent your company and its core values. Whether it's someone who is excellent at forecasting what leadership should be focusing on for the future or an employee who does a great job keeping the team morale elevated with their high energy and daily motivation, staff members can make or break the company's long-term success.  Here, 13 Fast Company Executive Board members explore the type of talent and characteristics that are essential for leaders to bring on board to manage their company's operations and achieve growth objectives effectively.

Company details

Betterlab

Company bio

Betterlab is a visionary Industrial Design partner that co-creates with scientists, technologists, and innovators, to shape emerging research and foundational technologies into game-changing products and solutions that improves our bodies, minds, and the world in a measurable way.

Industry

Social impact & nonprofit

Area of focus

Life Science
Industrial Design
Intellectual Property

Company size

2 - 10