Chief Executive OfficerFierce, Inc.

Seattle, WA

Member Since January 2022

Skills

Leadership
Finance
Strategic Planning

About

I have had the honor of being part of the Fierce Conversations’ team since February 2017. I came on board because I saw the vision and power to enable everyone in the world with conversation skills. While I was coming from a more technical background, I was taken by the heart and smart approach that was foundationally laid out by founder Susan Scott. I joined Fierce at a critical time in its journey to build in-house Finance & Operations functions as EVP of Finance & Operations and then Chief Financial Officer, before becoming Chief Executive Officer in June 2020. Having successfully supported the client’s learning journey with measurable outcomes, I’ve headed Fierce’s digital transformation, specifically focusing on scaling the magic that has garnered best in class Net Promoter scores. This is a continuous journey and one that has been accelerated by the growing need for remote on-demand learning. My background includes being Head of Finance with large multinational organizations such as Agilent Technologies, Avnet Inc., PricewaterhouseCoopers, Arthur Andersen as well as advising and supporting start-ups and early stage companies. In the start-up space, I’ve had the opportunity to scale an Ambulatory Surgery Center start-up with a successful exit as their CFO. Being exposed to companies with large global footprints (Avnet and Agilent), provided me with experience in international operations and strategic projects which has translated directly to Fierce’s strategic growth. Having held an active CPA license since 2004, my commitment to lifelong learning is exemplified by also obtaining certificates in Entrepreneurship from Wharton and Harvard. I am an avid road bike cyclist clocking 120+ miles a week year-round helping my mental, physical, and spiritual balance. I am passionate about helping our customers with the confidence and tools to have effective conversations when they need to have them. I see a future where people who struggle with effective outcomes from conversations have all the tools at their fingertips. It is our job to make it easy and to provide guidance through specific scenarios. My CliftonStrengths: 1. Futuristic 2. Learner 3. Ideation 4. Analytical 5. Self-Assurance "I have not failed, I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work" - Thomas Edison

Published content

Companies investing $1.4 trillion in comms must invest in their people, too

article

While AI software and communications technology can help businesses identify and reduce inefficiencies, the people must be prioritized.

Remote or hybrid is the wrong question: How technology can help resolve the true root of the issue

article

By maximizing technological advances, communication can be optimized among remote workers, in-office workers, and their managers, overcoming many barriers to hybrid work.

How to overcome unprecedented workplace stress levels

article

The patient-centered approach taken in physical health care is essential for workplace well-being.

How to combat stress through self-awareness

article

It’s not just up to employees to be self-aware of how they require support. Managers must also do their due diligence and be conscientious of their co-workers’ feelings.

Navigating a leadership role can be lonely—here are some tips

expert panel

15 company heads are sharing their best resources so you don't have to go it alone. Earning your first role in leadership may seem exciting in the beginning but it can be challenging once you dig a little deeper on the job. But if you learn how to build the right team to assist you with meeting the company's mission and goals, you'll be set up for success in no time with people who are willing to back each other up during the decision-making process. And that's a big win for all. In addition to having reliable staff to stand by your side, often what is most needed is the time to reflect inwardly by yourself—so you can think things through, or to seek knowledge from a close colleague, a mentor on paper, or through an established personal network that will keep you motivated when times get tough.  Below are some go-to leadership resources that a panel of Fast Company Executive Board members has found useful, whether you're a seasoned C-Suite executive, newly appointed team leader, or in the launching phase of building your own start-up.

Is now the right time to expand the business? 

expert panel

Here are 11 factors to consider before you open a second or third location. If revenue streams are increasing at your flagship location, then your business may be ripe for an expansion. But just because business is booming doesn't mean you should make assumptions about your potential to succeed in a new market (locally or globally).  Taking on additional overhead should be a strategic decision that is driven by potential new revenue, a decrease in expenses, or provides a competitive advantage to make the company a standout. Below are essential questions that Fast Company Executive Board members urge you to ask yourself before you move forward with the right plans to grow the business.

Company details

Fierce, Inc.

Company bio

Fierce, Inc., is a global leadership development and training company that drives results for business and education by developing conversation as a skill. Traditional programs are impersonal, complicated and disconnected from concrete results. Fierce creates authentic, energizing and rewarding connections with colleagues and customers through skillful conversations that lead to successful outcomes and measurable ROI. Tailored to any organization, Fierce principles and methods translate across the globe, ensure individual and collective success, and develop skills that are practical, easy-to-learn and can be applied immediately.

Industry

Corporate leadership

Area of focus

Leadership Training
Leadership Development
Learning and Development

Company size

11 - 50