Founder & CEODion Leadership

Detroit, MI

Member Since September 2021

Skills

Organizational Development
Leadership Development
Executive Coaching

About

“Leadership is hard work. To have followers, people must want to follow you.” I have dedicated my career to understanding and improving organizational cultures through the creation and deployment of innovative assessment, leadership, and team development programs. My passion for improving businesses through harnessing the power of their people has given me the great opportunity to work with many progressive, global Fortune 1000 organizations. Serving in corporate roles for over 25 years, my insights and practical strategies for creating long term behavior and culture change grew from my experience as a Chief Human Resources Officer driving business transformation and implementing best practices with two Fortune 500 companies and a mid-size financial services organization. Prior to Dion Leadership, I had the great fortune to apply my corporate experience at a multitude of companies through being the co-owner of a global leadership and organizational development consulting firm. Learning from a decade of experience, I was able to bring many of our staff, consultants, and clients to form Dion Leadership with the expressed promise to always have… People-first mindsets Reliable results Best-in-class solutions and resources Long-term partnerships Attentive service We have built an amazing team of over 50 expert coaches and consultants who are similarly passionate and work tirelessly to bring these programs to life. Today, I spend much of my time researching best practices to support leadership development needs in this new decade and work with C-level executives to craft customized, long-term, and innovative leadership and culture development programs.

Published content

article

Leading in a high-growth company requires a different set of decisions, actions, and behaviors to ensure the growth is well managed—and not chaotic.

16 smarter ways to balance your leadership responsibilities at work

expert panel

Here's how to improve your productivity and decision-making skills in 2024. Leading a successful corporation in the business sector or a nonprofit that is making an incredible impact on the local and greater community it serves sounds impressive and rewarding; however, it takes plenty of tenacity to maintain industry relevance and a different mindset to make smart business decisions. As the marketplace continues to transform itself in the new normal, managers may be feeling overwhelmed and burned out by all of the tasks piled on their plates to keep up with the changing consumer demands in an uncertain economic climate. To prevent them from high-stress levels, feelings of anxiousness, or seconding-guessing themselves when it comes to decision making, 16 experts from Fast Company Executive Board each offer one tip that could help company leaders get the support they need, which will change the course of their organization for the better.

19 tips to communicate more effectively with your remote workers 

expert panel

Here's how to elevate company culture in a digital office environment. If you are new to leading a remote or hybrid company, you may find yourself struggling to bridge the gap between management and staff members who work from home to create trust and transparency. By the same token, if you're new to working for a remote employer, you may be feeling isolated if you're unable to connect with your new co-workers and management the way you initially envisioned when you were onboarded for your "dream job opportunity."  To help leaders and their remote teams communicate more effectively and improve their working relationships in no time, 19 Fast Company Executive Board members each share one new idea for building a better company culture in 2024.

16 best practices to increase employee retention

expert panel

Implement these strategies to build stronger team morale and loyalty in 2024. In today's marketplace, when it comes to attracting and retaining staff members who want to invest their time and services for the long term, trust and transparency are required every step of the way. In addition, it's even more important to ensure that potential employees and employers are in alignment during the hiring process to begin with. Fostering a workplace culture that encourages regular team communication empowers staff members to voice any concerns as needed and feel recognized when they make a valuable contribution to help their department or company move forward. Below, experts fromFast Company Executive Board share 16 strategies to help employers improve employee retention rates in the coming new year.

5 lessons I've learned from working with Gen Z

article

Five observations and key takeaways for leaders working with Gen Z.

Are you overwhelmed with juggling work and night classes?

expert panel

16 ways to find a happy medium in reaching your personal and professional life goals. Working a nine-to-five career can be overwhelming depending on the types of responsibilities you have on your daily plate. Add to the mix, the pursuit of a certification or degree through continued education after work—while building on personal friendships or raising a new family—and it's understandable for anyone to feel burned out from a lack of work-life balance if they're struggling. Below, Fast Company Executive Board members each offer one tip for maintaining a healthy lifestyle while juggling work duties and attending evening classes.

Company details

Dion Leadership

Company bio

Dion Leadership is a coaching, training, assessment, and organizational development consultancy based in Detroit, Michigan. We help organizations build strong leaders and even stronger organization cultures. Our team of 60 extraordinary coaches and consultants craft practical approaches to unique problems, delivering proven solutions. Our offerings include leadership coaching, management training programs, leadership and team development, talent assessment, and organizational development consulting. We recently launched a new research-based e-learning product that supports work-life alignment.

Industry

Corporate leadership

Area of focus

Leadership Development
Culture
Executive Coaching

Company size

11 - 50