Founder & Personal Brand ExpertThe Writing Guru®

Miami/Fort Lauderdale Area

Member Since April 2021

Skills

Resume Writing
Public Speaking
Writing

About

With features and publications in 75+ media outlets, 10+ honors and awards, and 6 certifications in executive resume writing, personal branding, and job search strategy, I am a proven expert at learning your unique value and crafting your personal brand to sell you for a leadership role, advance your online presence, or target your job search. After graduating from a top 100 law school with honors in legal writing, I taught college writing courses for 7 years and simultaneously practiced law for ~12 years (litigation and appeals) at top-tier law firms and at a Fortune 200 company. Attorneys are trained to think in a very different way. That logic and the ability to grasp the best-selling point of a client – much like making a winning legal argument to a judge – transcends into stronger writing skills. My powerful and unique background coupled with my rigorous training in career coaching, resume writing, and personal branding has equipped me with the expertise to understand what makes a great executive resume, a robust LinkedIn profile, and a stellar executive bio. It's also led me to produce branded content for publications, write for top Fortune companies, and speak on a global level. I founded The Writing Guru® in 2010. I work 1:1 with top executives, senior-level attorneys, C-Suite, and Board leaders in business, tech, finance, sales, and healthcare. ➤ INQUIRIES: www.writingguru.net | EMAIL: info@writingguru.net ➤ 75+ MAJOR MEDIA OUTLETS: Contributor: Above the Law, CNBC, Ladders, Thrive Global, & HuffPost. Seen in: CNN, Fast Company, Entrepreneur, Money, Business Insider, ABA, Forbes, & Inc. ➤ 10+ HONORS & AWARDS SINCE 2015: #1 Resume Expert by Recruiter.com, BEST Career Professional, BEST Executive Resume Writer, Recommended IT Executive Resume Writer by Heller Executive Search (2X), Top Career Blogger & Job Search Expert ➤ 6X CERTIFIED EXECUTIVE RESUME WRITER: Nationally Certified Resume Writer (NCRW); Certified Professional Resume Writer (CPRW), Certified Career Transition Coach (CCTC), Credentialed Career Manager (CCM), Nationally Certified Online Profile Expert (NCOPE), 360Reach Personal Branding ➤ CAREER INDUSTRY LEADERSHIP: Board of Directors, The National Resume Writers' Association (Jan 2016 - Oct 2018), President-Elect (Jan - Oct 2018); Founding Member, Forbes Coaches Council (2015 - Present) ➤ SERVICES: Executive Resumes, C-Level Resumes, Board Resumes, Executive Bios, & LinkedIn Profiles ✦ Personal Branding & Job Search Strategy ✦ Business Brand Strategy ✦ Contributor to Top Publications ➤ SOCIAL MEDIA: @thewritingguru

Published content

15 ways to crush quarterly goals in 2022

expert panel

Setting targets can help set your team up for long-term success. In the business world, it's important to set and achieve quarterly goals if you want your company to experience success with its clients, in the marketplace, and remain in business. It's also necessary for leaders to make those milestones realistic enough for the team to attain them and avoid burnout or attrition from the heavy workload. Below, 15 Fast Company Executive Board members share their advice on how to tackle quarterly goals in 2022 without feeling overwhelmed, under pressure, and fatigued.

Sharing the love: 15 business leaders share great ways to support your team members

expert panel

It's never been more important for leaders to show their team members their appreciation than in the past several months—and there are many ways to do it. The past year has been a challenging one for everyone, both professionally and personally. From instituting remote work arrangements to temporary layoffs, businesses had to make adjustments—often without warning—to stay afloat. Those businesses that have weathered recent storms could not have done so without the loyalty and hard work of their team members. That’s why it’s more important than ever for leaders to show those team members their thanks and appreciation. Indeed, a little extra love can make a huge difference in employee morale and well-being at any time, but particularly when teams are working remotely and lack the usual in-person interactions. Below, 15 members of Fast Company Executive Board share how they’ve shown their staff their appreciation over the past year and why this approach has been effective in lifting their team's spirits.

16 ways to build a strong community around your brand

expert panel

If you want to build a brand that lasts, start by creating a community of like-minded consumers and advocates of your product or service. With multiple social media outlets and a vast online marketplace, consumers have unprecedented access to information about companies, allowing them to make informed decisions about who to do business with. Consumers tend to put particular trust in—and therefore seek out—other consumers’ opinions. This transparency can also work in the favor of a business, which can use the same media to share information and build a community around their brand. While it starts with a good product or service, there’s more to building a community than that. If a company works to reach out to its target audience through content, shared values, and stories, happy clients and customers may turn into faithful fans who spread the word and help the brand grow. However, businesses may not always be sure of how to begin building this sense of loyalty and shared community with their current and potential audience. To help, 16 members of Fast Company Executive Board share strategies any company can use to start building a community around its brand. Follow their recommendations to plant the seeds of avid brand advocacy among your customer base.

Company details

The Writing Guru®

Company bio

Wendi Weiner is an attorney and award-winning brand expert who has been featured in 75+ media outlets as an authority in personal branding, social storytelling, career marketing, professional networking, and corporate brand strategy. Under her namesake company, The Writing Guru®, Wendi creates powerful personal brands for attorneys, top executives, C-suite, and Board leaders for their digital footprint, career trajectory, and corporate marketing collateral. She also provides corporate branding services to Fortune 25 companies and writes for major publications, including Above the Law, CNBC, The Ladders, and Thrive Global. Wendi's own career background includes serving as a college writing professor for 7 years while simultaneously practicing law for almost 12 years, both in big law and in-house for a Fortune 200 company. An active member of the Florida Bar since 2004, Wendi holds a Juris Doctor from Stetson University College of Law and an undergraduate degree in English from Florida State University. She is the past Ethics Chair of the National Resume Writers’ Association and the 2021 Career and Practice Development Committee Co-Chair for the American Bar Association.

Industry

Marketing & advertising

Area of focus

Personal Branding
Professional Networking
Brand Marketing

Company size

Myself only