CEOCode2040

San Francisco Bay Area

Member Since March 2021

Skills

Social impact
Non profit
Staff Development

About

I'm committed to closing the opportunity gap for Black and Latinx people. As the CEO of CODE2040, I lead an organization that equips Black, Latinx people, and their allies with the tools needed to dismantle the structural barriers that prevent the full participation and leadership of Black and Latinx people in the innovation economy. Code2040 believes the Digital Revolution provides the biggest opportunity for equitable and structural change in the American economy since the Industrial Revolution and aims to train their community to navigate and lead that change through early career services, community mobilization, and knowledge sharing. I have spent close to two decades focused on growing the people and program functions of rapidly scaling social enterprises driving youth advocacy and leadership. Prior to joining Code2040, I built the tools and ran the systems that supported the scale of healthcare non-profit, Health Leads. I did similar work in college access for low-income communities with national organizations College Summit, and College Track. I am currently a board member for Alluma a tech non-profit enabling the creation of pivotal technology neccessary to build a path out of poverty. Karla is an alumnus of the University of Southern California.

Company details

Code2040

Company bio

Code2040 is a community of Black and Latinx technologists and their allies who are diversifying tech to create a more equitable, inclusive, and prosperous economy. Through high-impact direct service programs, robust in-person and online community engagement, and dynamic storytelling and knowledge sharing, Code2040 empowers and mobilizes diversity champions across the industry. Our goal is to ensure that by 2040 – the beginning of the decade when the US will be majority people of color – Black and Latinx people are fully represented in and leading the innovation economy, and have the economic and social capital needed to thrive and build generational wealth.

Industry

Social impact & nonprofit

Company size

11 - 50