CEO and FounderRed Fan Communications

Austin, TX

Member Since September 2022

Skills

Media Relations
Public Relations
Corporate Communications

About

After 25 years in the industry on both the agency and corporate side I now call Austin, Texas home and run my own PR and marketing firm, Red Fan Communications. Red Fan is a strategic partner for dynamic B2B tech and consumer brands and I'm proud to work with a stellar team that creates compelling stories and makes meaningful connections for companies of all sizes. I'm also a member of the Forbes Agency Council and currently serve on the board of Austin Gives and the ABC Kite Festival (the oldest kite festival in the United States -- handmade kite competition). Whether a company has plateaued in visibility or is about to launch, we customize an approach that helps them attract the clients, investors, partners and employees they want so they can position for growth, further funding, an IPO or an acquisition. Every CEO and CMO want to see their dream of growing a successful, well-recognized company come to fruition. But the competition for visibility is fierce and without it the road is tough. Have you ever asked yourself: How do I build a brand that empowers me to scale my company and attract great talent? What infrastructure do I need to have in place to make sure our brand is in the news, online and out in front with the audiences we want to influence? How will I reach the press and analysts in a consistent way with news or even expert commentary? Is there a process for creating content that will scale across our social channels? What is the best way to build the PR effort so investors see our brand before we knock on their door? What would it feel like to have a partner in this next 18 months that understands what it takes to position for an IPO or an acquisition? If so, send me a note at kathleen@redfancommunications.com and visit #AskKathleen via our YouTube channel. Currently reading: What You Do Is Who You Are: How to Create Your Business Culture by Ben Horowitz Currently repeating: "Know your vision, communicate it, constantly kick the tires on it and get others to challenge you so you're constantly growing." Currently relaxing: By spending time with my family telling stories around our fire pit in Austin.

Published content

13 ways small businesses can work smarter to build brand loyalty

expert panel

Smaller brands have more leverage than they realize. It's time to tap into it. It may seem like an uphill battle when you are just starting out in business, underfunded and/or understaffed. But the good news is that, as a small business, your company doesn't have to feel pressured to keep up with the big guys in the market. Instead, reflect on the benefits of your company's flexibility to cultivate a more meaningful niche that will meet the needs of consumers who are being overlooked in the industry you intend to serve. Here, experts from Fast Company Executive Board weigh in on the various ways that smaller businesses can still compete against big ones without having a mega-corporate budget.

Is crowdfunding the right choice for your potential biz upstart?

expert panel

Here's what 11 thought leaders suggest aspiring entrepreneurs consider before they go all in on a digital fundraiser. If you are trying to launch a business and are strapped for cash, crowdfunding is a viable option that many successful entrepreneurs have invested their time and hope in to get their new venture off the ground and running. The process of asking for help publicly on social media platforms may sound pretty straightforward, but there is a lot more at risk, including your long-term reputation. Below, 11 experts from Fast Company Executive Board offer one factor that every entrepreneur should consider if they are thinking about starting a crowdfunding campaign to launch their new business.

Embracing the winds of change: The odyssey in change management

article

Five impactful change management strategies, plus best practices for avoiding pitfalls to help you weather the storm.

16 ways to create engaging advertising and attract new customers

expert panel

Here's how to grow your audience with effective advertising. In today's tight economy, consumers and business owners alike are taking a closer look at their spending habits and evaluating which purchases make the most sense to invest in right now as they continue to hope for brighter days ahead.  Here, 16 Fast Company Executive Board members each share one idea to help company leaders and their teams create more engaging advertising and think outside the box so that more potential customers will be interested in spending their hard-earned money on their products or services.

16 smarter ways to balance your leadership responsibilities at work

expert panel

Here's how to improve your productivity and decision-making skills in 2024. Leading a successful corporation in the business sector or a nonprofit that is making an incredible impact on the local and greater community it serves sounds impressive and rewarding; however, it takes plenty of tenacity to maintain industry relevance and a different mindset to make smart business decisions. As the marketplace continues to transform itself in the new normal, managers may be feeling overwhelmed and burned out by all of the tasks piled on their plates to keep up with the changing consumer demands in an uncertain economic climate. To prevent them from high-stress levels, feelings of anxiousness, or seconding-guessing themselves when it comes to decision making, 16 experts from Fast Company Executive Board each offer one tip that could help company leaders get the support they need, which will change the course of their organization for the better.

20 innovative ways companies can contribute to their communities

expert panel

Modern companies should think beyond traditional philanthropic efforts and find ways to make a real difference for the people they serve. As consumers become more focused on brands that practice corporate social responsibility, more and more companies are finding impactful ways to make a positive mark on their local communities. Forward-thinking businesses are spearheading work programs, offering financial assistance, and nurturing entrepreneurial talents in their neighborhoods. Here, Fast Company Executive Board members discuss the strategies companies can adopt to contribute to their local communities in an impactful way. Follow their recommendations to create a lasting and meaningful change in your community beyond your bottom line.

Company details

Red Fan Communications

Company bio

Red Fan Communications is a strategic, integrated communications partner for dynamic B2B and technology brands. The full-service senior consultancy helps high-growth and established businesses build and sustain their brand reputations. Established in 2008 by marketing and communications industry veteran Kathleen Lucente, the firm delivers communication platforms that map to clients’ business goals, resonate with key audiences, strengthen brand identity and deliver measurable results. Red Fan Communications pushes the boundaries for clients, blending traditional and nontraditional communications strategies and tactics to craft customized campaigns that position brands as market leaders, support sales, engage customers and stakeholders and build brand awareness.

Industry

Marketing & advertising

Area of focus

Public Relations
Marketing
IPO

Company size

11 - 50