Vice President of TechnnologyLocana

Bellingham, WA

Member Since February 2022

Skills

GIS
Program Management
Geomatics

About

The hallmarks of my career have been innovation, servant leadership and commitment to building teams and businesses. As a native of Seattle and Northwest Washington, I enjoy what my home has to offer: snowboarding, sailing and the great outdoors. While Seattle will always be home, my work has taken me around the world. My innovative nature, coupled with my infectious positivity help me take clients to ground-breaking solutions and through challenging obstacles. Whether it's starting up a new business unit within a large company or launching a boot strapped startup, I've got great experience doing just about everything involved in operating and growing a business. My approach to decision-making is hybrid intuition/analytical. Strong EQ and communication skills make me highly effective in interpersonal situations.

Published content

2 key questions to ask as you start your AI + location intelligence journey

article

What should companies be doing to harness the power of AI and location intelligence in order to stay ahead of the game?

Leveraging AI to mitigate climate-related risk

article

AI can give utilities a way to be much more strategic and cost-effective in the way they assess and mitigate climate-related risks.

“Watch out! AI is coming for our (most tedious, exhausting) jobs!”

article

AI isn’t coming for our jobs. It’s coming for the mind-numbing tasks we wish we could get past to tackle more interesting, strategic work.

What does the world’s biggest map have to do with accelerating digital transformation?

article

Again and again, maps have had a transformational impact on our world. It is happening once again.

15 ways to stand out and retain clients' interests during trade shows

expert panel

Forging successful connections at trade shows requires a solid strategy for attracting and retaining the attention of prospects. Trade shows are an excellent opportunity for businesses to showcase their products and services and connect with potential clients. However, with so many companies competing for attention, it can be challenging to stand out from the crowd. To be successful at a trade show, businesses must find ways to attract and retain the interest of potential clients on the spot in real-time. This requires a combination of creativity, preparation, and a willingness to take risks. To that end, 15 Fast Company Executive Board members recommend some top strategies businesses can use to stand out from competitors during an annual trade show and leave a lasting impression on potential clients.

How location intelligence is helping the utilities industry with one of its biggest challenges

article

The utilities industry has a problem: the aging of its workforce.

Company details

Locana

Company bio

Locana, a location and mapping technology company, provides software products and services that solve the world’s most pressing business, climate, and social challenges. With more than 20 years of experience, Locana is a global leader in both enterprise geospatial solutions and innovative applications using proprietary and open-source mapping technologies. By taking a customer-centric, location-first approach, Locana builds, implements, and connects solutions clients in a wide range of markets, including utilities, government, clean energy, commercial, social benefit, and more. With headquarters in Denver, Colo., the company also has offices in Seattle and London. For further information, visit: www.locana.co or https://www.linkedin.com/company/locana-co/.

Industry

Technology

Company size

201 - 500