Co-Founder, CEOFictiv

San Francisco, CA

Member Since July 2022

Skills

Rapid Prototyping
New Product Development
Technical Innovation

About

I graduated from Stanford University in 2011 with a B.S. in Mechanical Engineering. During my time there, I gained valuable experience with positions at Forsch Marine, MagCanica, FACE AIDS and Slidepad Technologies. I was the first hire at Ford’s Silicon Valley Innovation Lab, under Ford's Global Research and Advanced Engineering Division. I led Hardware Engineering on OpenXC, an open source software and hardware platform featuring custom applications and pluggable modules. I also designed, prototyped, and sourced hardware builds at the Lab and proudly led the mechanical engineering senior design course for Ford in the Stanford University Affiliates project - building a powerful foundation for my Fictiv vision. After co-founding Fictiv in 2013 with my brother Nate, I've been featured as an entrepreneur on Discovery, TechCrunch, Inc., and cheddar news, and was named to Forbes' 30 Under 30 list. Fictiv was named in the SDCE 100 Top Supply Chain Projects for 2020 by Supply & Demand Executive, and I was personally named to the 2021 Constellation Research Business Transformation 150 list. My leadership style was also reflected in my inclusion in Comparably’s 2020 Best CEOs for Women award. I also received a Manufacturing Leadership Award from the National Association of Manufacturers. I'm a Global Innovator member of the World Economic Forum, and Fictiv has received $192 million in funding since its inception (most recently a $100 million Series E round in May 2022) to enable game-changing digital manufacturing for all.

Published content

Is AI the answer to manufacturing’s biggest challenges?

article

AI certainly isn’t a magic bullet, but its ability to analyze and synthesize vast amounts of data, make predictions, and automate decision-making processes is revolutionizing manufacturing.

Should you go all-in on outsourced manufacturing?

article

If you’re considering a similar move, I think the key is to consider your business’ strategic advantage.

Are your business goals realistic?

expert panel

Here's how 10 leaders (and teams) are meeting their mark. There's nothing wrong with raising the stakes and reaching for stars with high expectations for the business. But how can managers develop efficient and repeatable daily workflow systems to overcome obstacles and get their teams closer to achieving the company's short- and long-term goals?  Never underestimate your ability to accomplish an impossible mission—through teamwork, no matter how ambitious it seems. Here are 10 tips to motivate leaders and staff on their journey to business success, courtesy of Fast Company Executive Board experts.

Company details

Fictiv

Company bio

Fictiv is the operating system (OS) for custom manufacturing that makes it faster, easier, and more efficient to source and supply mechanical parts. Its intelligent OS, supported by best-in-class operations talent, orchestrates a network of highly vetted and managed partners around the globe for fast, high-quality manufacturing, from quote to delivery. To date, Fictiv has manufactured more than 20 million parts for early-stage companies and large enterprises alike, helping them innovate with agility and get products to market faster.

Industry

Technology

Company size

201 - 500