President\CEOSanders\Wingo

Austin, TX

Member Since February 2021

Skills

Public Speaking
DEI
Storytelling

About

Leadership, advocacy, and storytelling are the central themes of my career—and of my life in general. I head up Sanders\Wingo, a Texas-based independent creative agency focused on cultivating human connections through brand storytelling, media strategy, and content development. I solve business problems with the best creative and UX/UI research teams in the industry, partnering with brands like USPS, AT&T, and State Farm. Sanders\Wingo operates with a “humans first” mindset, and we believe that by better understanding people and the decisions they make, brands can make a big impact on the world. My work has me managing people and processes simultaneously, so I need to adapt quickly to solve problems for our clients while positioning the firm for the future as advertising continues to evolve. I’m driven by a natural curiosity and a drive to keep improving, and I strive to be a transparent, approachable leader who empowers others, connecting people with ideas and great brands. As a speaker, I fight stereotypes, challenge labels, expose bias, and start the tough conversations around race and gender. I use my platform for advocacy, raising up marginalized voices and championing women and minorities. In my talks, I combine data with compelling stories, educating audiences on how to balance technology with humanity—and how to integrate diversity, equity, and inclusion into their businesses. I believe in philanthropy, and I give my time to organizations whose values align with my own, like the Texas Book Festival, the El Paso Chamber of Commerce, Creative Action, and AIDS Services of Austin. My role as a wife and mom is most important to me, and raising little humans is the biggest gift (and sometimes the biggest challenge!) of my life. Success isn’t linear, and ambiguity and discomfort are key to growth—at work and at home.

Company details

Sanders\Wingo

Company bio

Sanders\Wingo is a multicultural creative intelligence firm, delivering solutions for brands.

Industry

Marketing & advertising

Company size

11 - 50