Do I Qualify?
Amy Radin's avatarPerson

Amy Radin

Pathfinder, Catalyst, Change Maker, Award-Winning AuthorPragmatic Innovation Partners LLC

New York, NY

Member Since February 2021

Skills

Executive Leadership
Strategic Marketing
Digital Transformation

About

Named a Director to Watch by Private Company Director, Amy is a digital transformation, marketing, and tech strategy executive, who throughout a Fortune 100 career created significant shareholder value applying market insight, data analytics, and creativity to deliver profitable organic growth for financial services brands including American Express, Citi, E*TRADE and AXA. Amy most enjoys connecting the dots between technology trends, customer expectations, business model and results. Amy is the award-winning author of The Change Maker’s Playbook: How to Seek, Seed and Scale Innovation in Any Company. She advises enterprises on marketing, digital and customer experience transformation for franchise profitability improvements, and AI, mar-tech, and fin-tech scaleups on execution strategies to drive sales, build client relationships, and increase valuation. She participates on the front line of “what’s next” as a limited partner in Soundboard Venture Partners, a collaborative early-stage fund making diverse technology investments in exceptional founders. Amy served as a director of the Association of International Certified Professional Accountants (AICPA). She is currently an advisory board member for several investor backed companies. Amy is a contributor to numerous business media, and a sought-after keynote speaker. She has been honored by US Banker as a Most Powerful Woman in Banking and by the Exceptional Women Alliance, and received the NYU Stern Graduate School of Business Nichols Award for Enterprise, Integrity and Service, Stern’s highest honor awarded annually to a leader outside the School community. She is a graduate of The Wharton School (MBA, Marketing) and Wesleyan University (BA magna cum laude and Highest Honors, College of Letters and Spanish).

Published content

11 ways to boost your leadership EQ and gain employees' respect

expert panel

Apply these emotional intelligence strategies to improve your department and company work culture. According to a survey published by Statista Research Department, 52 percent of organizations have employed senior leaders based on their emotional intelligence (EQ) skills. The ability to gain the loyalty of the team you are trying to lead successfully often relies on your willingness to actively listen to the concerns and aspirations of your employees. It's only then that you'll be able to access your staff's support and strengthen the type of team morale that can move companies forward. To provide some practical examples of what this type of leadership approach looks like, experts from Fast Company Executive Board explain how elevating their EQ has helped them to enhance their team relationships for the better and made them more approachable and trustworthy—a leader that their direct reports can trust.

Is crowdfunding the right choice for your potential biz upstart?

expert panel

Here's what 11 thought leaders suggest aspiring entrepreneurs consider before they go all in on a digital fundraiser. If you are trying to launch a business and are strapped for cash, crowdfunding is a viable option that many successful entrepreneurs have invested their time and hope in to get their new venture off the ground and running. The process of asking for help publicly on social media platforms may sound pretty straightforward, but there is a lot more at risk, including your long-term reputation. Below, 11 experts from Fast Company Executive Board offer one factor that every entrepreneur should consider if they are thinking about starting a crowdfunding campaign to launch their new business.

Is your department's future the latest on the chopping block? 

expert panel

Here's how managers can help their team showcase the added value they bring to the company and remain irreplaceable during tough economic times. As employee layoff announcements continue to loom across major industries, team leaders may be wondering how they can ensure the stability of their department's future at the company and avoid being replaced or eventually phased out. Here, 14 experts from Fast Company Executive Board weigh in on their best practices to help staff members stay proactive when it comes to highlighting their contributions to move the business forward long term.

15 ways leaders can increase equity and transparency in their performance review process 

expert panel

Amid performance review season, I understand the importance of embracing a holistic strategy that not only values individual contributions but also prioritizes fairness, open communication, and continuous improvement.  To cultivate this for our organization, we refactored our system of growth from being a linear promotion process to one that allowed for more divergent growth paths. Having an "up or out" model didn't work for our company culture. Having a lattice-based (rather than a ladder-based) approach gave people more autonomy in the course of their careers. And we made our promotion logic more equitable by transparently naming the conditions for growth. To help other leaders, I asked members of the Company Culture Group of Fast Company Executive Board, a community I lead, how they improve equity and transparency in their review process. Here are important steps that they take and the impact they’ve seen from doing so.

20 inventions that are changing the way leaders work and live

expert panel

Implement these innovations to give yourself back the time you deserve. In business, the saying goes: "Why reinvent the wheel when you don't have to?" As the digital revolution continues to rise, there are so many new technologies available at our fingertips to make work and home life more efficient.  Here, 20 Fast Company Executive Board members discuss one innovation that has influenced and improved the way they balance professional and personal responsibilities each day.

Company details

Pragmatic Innovation Partners LLC

Company bio

I work with executives and founders to mobilize and inspire their organizations to deliver innovation results. I tap into my career's worth of experience as an innovation operator inside demanding, conservative and proud brands where I focused on building and leading teams to create customer-obsessed approaches that were essential to fostering innovation and change. In my award-winning book, The Change Maker's Playbook: How to Seek, Seed and Scale Innovation In Any Company I share some of the practical advice, tools, and stories (my own and that of 50 other innovators interviewed) gathered to help the person sitting in the innovation "hot seat" make progress to achieve their vision that I expand upon in my advisory, project-based consulting, keynote addresses and executive consults.

Industry

Corporate leadership

Area of focus

Change Leadership
Strategic Marketing
Digital Transformation

Company size

Myself only