CEO/FounderBalance Integration Corporation

New York City Area

Member Since August 2021

Skills

Executive Leadership
Trends
Authenticity

About

Leadership Futurist / Advisor / Speaker🎤 / Story Slammer / Guitar Plinker🎸/ Author GameChanger's Guide to Radical Success/Host Game Changer Chats/ Forbes '"Breath of Fresh Air in Leadership" I work with executive firekeepers, visionaries, & actionaries in organizations such as KKR, NBA, Bloomberg & Chanel to foster leadership vision & behaviors to optimize their business. Working with the C-Suite, I've crafted leadership alignment initiatives, cultural strategy & resiliency intensives. I savor the brilliance of improved output when organizations are led by conscious leaders & observe the shadow cast by misspent energy when not. 13+years at KornFerry, IBM, AOL, Coca-Cola & UPS showed me the great, good, bad & ugly in organizations. It inspired me to dig in. At Balance Integration, we help executives & leaders access vision, course-correct legacy & optimize impact. We are cultural savants, adjunct professors, transformation coaches, marketing executives, public speakers & purpose enthusiasts, passionate about teaching executives to increase their influence to go beyond playing the game & build an organizational legacy of lifetime contribution & industry leadership. I taught the NYPD to remain steady under pressure in mediation with neighborhood stakeholders. I hurled dry erasers over the heads of Morgan Stanley’s global wealth management leadership team to convey the importance of soldier-like steadiness & attention in navigating volatility. HBREvents trusted me to lead 120 global C-Suite executives on a deep dive on developing Insight & Innovation. During furlough, I had State of Michigan administrators stand up & sing to soften edges before contract negotiations. I led 60 CEOs on a leadership intensive in Myanmar, Cambodia & Thailand, interacting with civic, governmental & private-sector leaders. Interweaving timeless wisdom, military discipline & business practicality, I was retained by Omega Institute & Kripalu to lead a renowned executive retreat, Success Is an Inside Job.

Published content

Raising the bar for remote workers and contractors: 15 tips to try 

expert panel

Creating higher workflow standards, and accountability across the board, empowers everyone to strive for success. When you are overseeing a company that depends 100% on remote workers and contractors, it's important to develop a transparent operating system that requires each stakeholder to remain accountable for their workflow.  In addition, building stronger team relations that are not solely focused on work-related issues is essential to enhancing a business environment that fosters support with higher-performance levels, comradery, and genuine trust.  Here are 15 ways that Fast Company Executive Board members have improved their management methods to keep their organization and processes running smoothly between leaders and their direct reports.

16 ideas to lead a healthier homegrown company culture

expert panel

Taking a creative approach to maintaining personable business relationships is just as important. If you want to instill an inviting corporate culture for everyone at your company, then it's necessary to not only model the ideal behavior but to get employees involved so they have a higher stake in the changes they want to see taking place. Enabling your staff members to help make real business decisions that impact the company's bottom line and the way people view themselves as individual and collaborative contributors will elevate morale and set a positive example for future employees to come. Below, experts from Fast Company Executive Board share 16 practical ideas that continue to foster inclusiveness and team building at work. 

What 15 entrepreneurs wish they’d done before starting a business

expert panel

Knowing what others who have been in your shoes wish they’d done can save you time, money, and effort. As an entrepreneur first starting out, you may find yourself seeking out business podcasts, books, articles, and more in an effort to feel prepared. While there are plenty of great resources out there, experience is what’s likely to teach you the most. Still, you’re not the first person to walk this path, and knowing what your predecessors would change if they had it all to do again can be invaluable. Your entrepreneurial journey is unique, and ultimately, you’ll write the story of your business’s birth and growth. But there can be a big benefit to weaving in the wisdom of others. Below, 15 Fast Company Executive Board members look back and reflect on what they wish they had done when they first began their entrepreneurial journeys.

16 proactive ways to retain your workforce during 'The Great Resignation'

expert panel

Your business isn’t wholly powerless to stop the impact of “The Big Quit.” “The Great Resignation,” also known as “The Big Quit,” is making headlines as millions of Americans quit their current jobs to find “something better.” While it’s true that workers are rethinking their priorities and desires in the workplace, it doesn’t necessarily mean your company is doomed to lose its top talent: There’s still hope for leaders who value their employees and are willing to do what it takes to retain their workforce. If you want to keep your team intact through this period of mass workforce turnover, it’s important to be proactive and take steps toward employee retention. Below, 16 members of Fast Company Executive Board each share one thing a business owner can do to make staying on the most attractive option for their workers.

14 effective ways to use livestreaming to build a community around your brand

expert panel

The growing popularity of livestreamed video content can give businesses a great new way to connect with customers. Many social media platforms today have a livestreaming function, including Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, Patreon, and others. When used correctly, livestreams can be a fantastic way to connect and build relationships with customers. They’re a tool to help answer questions, advertise new products, and engage with customers on a personal level. One of the best uses of livestreaming is using it to build a community around your brand. Below, 14 members of Fast Company Executive Board share some of the most effective ways to use livestreaming—including their own positive experiences.

15 simple, practical tips for learning valuable new business skills

expert panel

Smart professionals know there's always an opportunity to learn more and hone new skills in the business world. Learning a new business skill is always a good idea, whether you’re the company owner or a frontline team member. And in today’s digital age, there’s no shortage of material out there for professionals to peruse, from seminars to online courses to advice from experts.  In fact, these days it’s easier to drift into information overload than to be stymied by a lack of resources. If you’re looking to engage in some professional learning or skills building and are overwhelmed by choice or simply short on time, check out the following smart tips for acquiring a new business skill from the members of Fast Company Executive Board.

Company details

Balance Integration Corporation

Company bio

Bootstrapped in 2002, NYC-based Balance Integration fosters thriving humanity at work. We engage from the very top of each client organization to better align leaders in support of their mission and desired impact. With this in focus, we work with clients to identify the shifts needed and then customize initiatives to move the needle as desired. Clients have included Bloomberg, KKR, Chanel, DKNY, The NBA, The NHL, Havas, American Express, Viacom, Google, The Economist, and Disney.

Industry

Corporate leadership

Area of focus

Leadership
Culture
Humanity at Work

Company size

2 - 10

This member is no longer active.

Connect with innovative industry leaders in Fast Company Executive Board.

Click below to learn more about membership and publication opportunities on FastCompany.com.
See What We’re AboutDo I Qualify?
Fast Company Executive Board is a vetted professional network of company founders, executives, and leaders who are defining the future of business through innovation, creativity and design.