Global Chief Innovation OfficerErnst & Young

San Francisco, CA

Member Since October 2021

Skills

Strategy
Corporate Development
Strategic Partnerships

About

I serve as the Global Chief Innovation Officer of EY, one of the largest professional services organizations in the world, which has almost 300,000 people serving clients in more than 150 countries. In my role, I work across the entire organization to help identify, share and scale leading ideas. I lead the Global Innovation team, challenging everything from the way EY operates internally to how it provides services to its clients. Part of the Global Innovation team’s remit is to research and explore new technologies to transform the EY business. I have experience working in technology in Silicon Valley and across strategy, investing and building new ventures globally. Throughout my career, I have built new businesses across various concepts, including local commerce, B2B exchanges, services, mobile and big data at Boston Consulting Group, JAFCO America Ventures, J.P. Morgan Partners and eBay. Outside of EY, I sit on the Oxford Foundry Board of the University of Oxford and the Advisory Board of AI4All. I am a member on the Business Council of the Asia Society and the founding Chair of Asia Society’s Technology and Innovation Council, helping drive the innovation and transformation agenda. In addition, I am a member of The World Economic Forum’s Global Future Council on Innovation Ecosystems. I'm also a fellow of the Aspen Finance Leaders Fellowship and a member of the Aspen Global Leadership Network. I have an AB in Economics, master’s degrees in Industrial Engineering and Engineering Management and an MBA from Stanford University.

Published content

Robotics needs its ChatGPT moment

article

The right user-centric approach can skyrocket robotics from a niche spectacle to an everyday utility.

Can robotic exoskeletons make our human workers stronger?

article

Humanoid robots may represent the workforce of the future. But wearable technologies like exoskeletons can make today’s workers stronger, faster, healthier contributors.

What leaders need to know about robot rights

article

As autonomous robots start to operate independently in spaces shared with people, everyone from governments to robot developers and adopters should know the accountabilities that apply. 

Generative AI’s future in the enterprise: To infinity and beyond

article

Breathtaking generative AI models and applications like OpenAI’s GPT3 and ChatGPT are unleashing new possibilities across enterprises everywhere. But while wicked smart, they’re still learning and evolving — and causing an existential stir.

14 tips to regaining a client's trust

expert panel

Your ability to listen to and address their needs (attentively) is essential.   If you're stressing about the potential of losing a longtime customer who may be eyeing a competing brand, take a breath, think it through, and then open the lines of communication quickly—before it's too late. There may still be time to come up with a plan if you discuss the matter (preferably in person) to demonstrate that you care about solving any frustrations about their journey. Allowing the client to feel heard and revisiting their initial goals and reasoning for partnering with your company in the first place is a great starting point to redirect their trust in you and secure a better relationship on the road to recovery. Below, 14 Fast Company Executive Board members share ideas to retain and engage existing customers who may indicate they're on their way out.

Five questions business leaders should be asking about Web3

article

We are all players in this “work in progress” new reality; as in every game, there will be big players with more influence, but all players need to decide how to play. 

Company details

Ernst & Young

Company bio

EY exists to build a better working world, helping create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets. Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate. Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and

Industry

Corporate leadership

Area of focus

Advisory
Assurance
Tax

Company size

10,001 plus