Managing DirectorAlvarez & Marsal

San Francisco, CA

Member Since August 2022

Skills

Business Strategy
Corporate Strategy
Business Development & Partnerships

About

Julie McLaughlin is a Managing Director with Alvarez & Marsal Energy practice in San Francisco. She specializes in energy transition and has worked across 16 countries in North America, Latin America, Europe, and Asia. With more than 18 years of experience, Ms. McLaughlin brings renewable energy expertise related to strategy, investment, and business development as well as regulatory affairs. She has a proven track record working with utilities, private equity, renewable project developers, and regulators. Ms. McLaughlin is also an Advisor to Energetic Insurance, an energy-focused insuretech. Ms. McLaughlin’s representative engagements include renewable development market studies, operational and organizational due diligence, renewable development reporting, energy transition strategy formation, business model preparation for a renewable natural gas company, and renewable investment strategy. Previously, Ms. McLaughlin held a variety of roles with Cogentrix (a Carlyle Portfolio Company), Brookfield Renewable, E.ON Climate & Renewables, Dynamic Energy, EcoSecurities, and The Vertex Companies. Ms. McLaughlin earned a bachelor’s degree in environmental studies from Bucknell University, an MPA in environmental science and policy from Columbia University, and an MBA from the University of Chicago Booth School of Business. She is a North America Advisor to the Hawthorn Club, an executive network for women in energy; and a board member of the Directors of Lean in Energy, an NGO dedicated to empowering women in energy to achieve their career goals.

Published content

Eight ways authoring a book can catapult your career to the next level

expert panel

Unlocking the potential of writing a book goes far beyond merely sharing knowledge and stories. As a New York Times bestselling author of eight books and the founder of Legacy Launch Pad, a collective that helps business owners publish authority-building builds, I've seen the power of influence that comes from publishing quality thought leadership. Not only can the process of publishing a well-crafted book land you speaking gigs around the world and reach new clients and partners, but it can also push your boundaries and help you find clarity in your own ideas. If you're a business leader or industry expert who is hesitant about authoring a book, I asked eight members of Fast Company Executive Board Book Authors, a community I lead, to speak from their experience about how their book(s) changed the game.

How to leverage your personal CVC

article

By leveraging investments to get smart about where your industry is heading, you'll be setting yourself up for success.

Company details

Alvarez & Marsal

Company bio

We are the consulting firm known for asking tough questions, listening well, digging in and rolling up our sleeves. We are fact-driven and action-oriented. We move our clients forward, to where they need to be. We are A&M.

Industry

Corporate leadership

Area of focus

Consulting

Company size

5,001 - 10,000

This member is no longer active.

Connect with innovative industry leaders in Fast Company Executive Board.

Click below to learn more about membership and publication opportunities on FastCompany.com.
See What We’re AboutDo I Qualify?
Fast Company Executive Board is a vetted professional network of company founders, executives, and leaders who are defining the future of business through innovation, creativity and design.