CTO & SVP EngineeringTheatro

Texas

Member Since April 2022

Skills

Team Leadership
Software Engineering
Technical Innovation

About

I am a dedicated leader with more than 24+ years of startup experience and thought leadership in designing and developing highly scalable cloud-based solutions. I have extensive experience building products from the ground up, and has expertise in the field of Telecommunications, Voice over Wi-Fi, IoT, Wearables, ASR, Data Analytics, AI/ML, and DevOps. I never back away from a challenge and have a passion for leading my teams by showing them the way…never asking someone to do something I am not prepared to do myself. As the Co-Founder and CTO of Theatro, I am currently responsible for overall solution architecture, managing the day-to-day development team activities, and leading key innovation projects. Prior to Theatro, I held senior R&D leadership positions at Kodiak Networks, Rapid5 Networks and Ishoni Networks and I hold multiple US patents.

Published content

Device as a Service: Making sure your model is right

article

Becoming the IT department for hundreds of companies is complicated, but the providers who master it have the potential to be rewarded handsomely.

Everything-as-a-Service: It’s time to unite devices and software under the same model

article

Today’s Software-as-a-Service is a boon to CIOs; in my experience, they love access to cloud-based programs on a subscription basis rather than having to buy copies of the software. But they still need to buy the hardware on which to run the apps—or do they?

10 factors to consider when assessing the customer journey

expert panel

Are you meeting your clients where they're at to help them reach their ultimate goals?  As the digital marketplace continues to evolve, there are plenty of opportunities through technological advancements for leaders to gauge the customer experience and real-time behaviors.  But to ensure a brand is meeting client expectations and market standards, it's more than just collecting artificial intelligence or emailing a mass marketing survey. For companies truly aimed at staying in alignment with their base and increasing satisfaction rates, it's about developing quality products and services that actually work, and letting the clients lead the way. Here are 10 tried and true methods that Fast Company Executive Board members highly recommend and rely on to measure a greater customer experience, find solutions, and build on continuous improvement.

Avoid these 16 bad habits that can damage a leader's influence 

expert panel

Living up to their own set of standards enables managers to increase credibility, mutual respect, trust, and engagement with their teams. Whether it's a start-up business owner or the CEO of a Fortune 500 company, it's important to lead by example if managers expect their employees to emulate the core values and mission they promote to meet business goals. Expressing constant negativity about the challenges of work is also counterproductive for leaders who want to encourage an open-door policy for communication and build a culture of psychological safety. Being an active and collaborative listener, who is willing to consider the ideas and feedback of staff seriously, also inspires trust and team morale.  Below, experts from Fast Company Executive Board are here to explain 16 behaviors that managers should aim to avoid, and how they can improve on breaking the cycle.

Navigating a leadership role can be lonely—here are some tips

expert panel

15 company heads are sharing their best resources so you don't have to go it alone. Earning your first role in leadership may seem exciting in the beginning but it can be challenging once you dig a little deeper on the job. But if you learn how to build the right team to assist you with meeting the company's mission and goals, you'll be set up for success in no time with people who are willing to back each other up during the decision-making process. And that's a big win for all. In addition to having reliable staff to stand by your side, often what is most needed is the time to reflect inwardly by yourself—so you can think things through, or to seek knowledge from a close colleague, a mentor on paper, or through an established personal network that will keep you motivated when times get tough.  Below are some go-to leadership resources that a panel of Fast Company Executive Board members has found useful, whether you're a seasoned C-Suite executive, newly appointed team leader, or in the launching phase of building your own start-up.

14 tips to regaining a client's trust

expert panel

Your ability to listen to and address their needs (attentively) is essential.   If you're stressing about the potential of losing a longtime customer who may be eyeing a competing brand, take a breath, think it through, and then open the lines of communication quickly—before it's too late. There may still be time to come up with a plan if you discuss the matter (preferably in person) to demonstrate that you care about solving any frustrations about their journey. Allowing the client to feel heard and revisiting their initial goals and reasoning for partnering with your company in the first place is a great starting point to redirect their trust in you and secure a better relationship on the road to recovery. Below, 14 Fast Company Executive Board members share ideas to retain and engage existing customers who may indicate they're on their way out.

Company details

Theatro

Company bio

Theatro is a Dallas-based technology startup pioneering the market’s first voice-controlled enterprise wearable for brick and mortar retail, hospitality, and manufacturing. Our “heads up, hands free” mobile solution provides a software suite of productivity and communication applications through a SaaS (Software as a Service) offering designed to optimize employee, sales, and operational performance.

Industry

Technology

Area of focus

Retail Technology
Assistive Technology
Software

Company size

51 - 200

This member is no longer active.

Connect with innovative industry leaders in Fast Company Executive Board.

Click below to learn more about membership and publication opportunities on FastCompany.com.
See What We’re AboutDo I Qualify?
Fast Company Executive Board is a vetted professional network of company founders, executives, and leaders who are defining the future of business through innovation, creativity and design.