President and Chief Marketing OfficerNovus Media

New York, NY

Member Since September 2022

Skills

Advertising
Marketing Strategy
Digital Strategy

About

I’m a 30+ year veteran of the agency world, making the leap from Starcom to NOVUS in 2018 to accelerate NOVUS’ multimedia capabilities. I’m proud to be an agent of change and have helped to reshape the agency as well as individual accounts and positioning for the future. In my years at Starcom, I led iconic brands including McDonald's, Kellogg, Disney Themeparks, Airbnb, and Allstate; winning Gold Lions and Effies for media effectiveness. I also became a local / regional media expert, planning and buying local media for P&G, and later highly localized media for Anthem Blue Cross and Airbnb. Since joining NOVUS, I’ve focused on helping evolve the agency with new service models, tools, and approaches. In my role, I focus on growing geospatial, multichannel media planning and buying; in my first three years, I helped take NOVUS from relative unknown to a Silver for Media Agency of the Year in Ad Age’s independent media awards.

Published content

Learn from cable’s mistakes: The promising ad-supported streaming future

article

Since ads are here to stay (especially for the platforms that let people pay more to avoid them), here’s some advice on how streaming platforms and advertisers can collectively bring value to consumers and each other. 

20 tips to gain trust and credibility in the workplace

expert panel

Apply these best practices to add your voice to the conversation and take your seat at the table. Whether you're launching your career in your industry of choice for the very first time or you're a new hire fulfilling your latest role, it may take some time to prove your worth on the job and gain the trust of your leaders, direct co-workers, and other cross-departmental teams. In theory, employers must ensure that leadership, from the top down, is creating a psychologically safe environment for their employees to feel heard and share ideas or concerns. But if the organization that you signed up for is not being proactive about putting policies in place to improve its company culture, experts from Fast Company Executive Board offer 20 best practices to assist aspiring leaders who want to enhance their chances of having a seat at the table in their workplace.

Don’t fear the new: Taking calculated risks in advertising

article

For advertisers, our industry runs on an engine of creativity and challenging convention—both of which seem to be in short supply.

16 best practices to increase employee retention

expert panel

Implement these strategies to build stronger team morale and loyalty in 2024. In today's marketplace, when it comes to attracting and retaining staff members who want to invest their time and services for the long term, trust and transparency are required every step of the way. In addition, it's even more important to ensure that potential employees and employers are in alignment during the hiring process to begin with. Fostering a workplace culture that encourages regular team communication empowers staff members to voice any concerns as needed and feel recognized when they make a valuable contribution to help their department or company move forward. Below, experts fromFast Company Executive Board share 16 strategies to help employers improve employee retention rates in the coming new year.

Reviewing the agency review process: There’s a better way

article

Friendly advice for marketers to run a more effective pitch process. 

Going all-in for your clients: A uniquely human endeavor

article

Agencies need to be indispensable business partners, and that often means going above and beyond formally defined roles. Here are five tenets of client service that are more important today than ever.

Company details

Novus Media

Company bio

NOVUS is an independent media agency that uniquely plans and buys media through the lens of geography. We offer hyperlocal, customized, multichannel strategic media planning and buying with specialized multimedia talent, proprietary tools and custom techniques, representing the evolution of a next-gen agency. Focusing on local media of all types– TV, OTT, addressable, radio, OOH, digital display, video, mobile and search – NOVUS is fueled by marketing science and geospatial analytics to drive superior business results.

Industry

Marketing & advertising

Area of focus

Advertising
Digital Media
Media Planning

Company size

51 - 200