Do I Qualify?
Tom Chavez's avatarPerson

Tom Chavez

CEO & Co-Founder, Ketch; Chair, The Ethical Tech ProjectKetch, The Ethical Tech Project

San Francisco, CA

Member Since April 2022

Skills

SaaS
Strategic Partnerships
Go-to-market Strategy

About

I'm the co-founder of super{set}, a startup studio that founds, funds, and builds technology startups. For the past 20+ years, my professional focus has centered on using data, decision science, and AI to solve hard, interesting problems. Prior to forming super{set}, I was the CEO and co-founder of Krux, a martech platform acquired by Salesforce in 2016. Before Krux, I was the CEO and co-founder of Rapt, a provider of software for media monetization acquired by Microsoft in 2008. To date, the companies I've built have generated a 17.5x return for investors and substantial wealth for employees. To honor my amazing parents, I co-founded the Chavez Family Foundation, which invests in non-profit projects at the intersection of education, immigration, and entrepreneurship.

Published content

Why recent legislation falls short on consumer demands for data privacy

article

What should companies do when it comes to AI and maintaining and respecting data privacy?

The musical AI revolution has only just begun

article

Music creators, don’t fear the reaper when it comes to AI: Recognize its potential instead.

Apple must democratize access to the data economy

article

Is Apple more serious about protecting privacy or its bottom line?

The right to data dignity—in this universe or the metaverse

article

The metaverse is an uncharted world. There are new demands—and new uncertainties. The rights of your customers, however, are clear and non-negotiable.

Degrading data dignity is bad for business: What companies need to know about responsible data practices

article

Responsible data practices have a significant and measurable impact on your bottom line—and irresponsible practices are incompatible with steady, durable revenue.

Apple needs to pull the pendulum back and bring users into the privacy fold

article

Apple may be making some avoidable mistakes in its zeal for users' right to privacy.

Company details

Ketch, The Ethical Tech Project

Company bio

Ketch is a data control platform for programmatic privacy™, data governance and security. Through a coordinated set of API’s, applications, and infrastructure, Ketch helps businesses: -build trust with people -harness data to fuel core operations and top-line growth, -reduce operational and privacy engineering costs by 80% -achieve perfect compliance with all data regulations, now and in the future Deploy once, comply and secure everywhere

Industry

Technology

Area of focus

Compliance
Data Privacy
Privacy

Company size

51 - 200