President, Neste USNeste US, Inc.

Houston, Texas Area

Member Since May 2021

Skills

Business Development
Business Strategy
Risk Management

About

I am passionate about new technology and innovations that improve the environment our children will inherit. As we progress in knowledge and capability, it becomes readily apparent there are more intelligent things to do with fossil fuels than burn them. This is why I am committed to my work with Neste, the largest producer of renewable diesel and sustainable aviation fuel and fourth most sustainable company in the world. As an experienced renewables leader with an approach that combines business development, technology commercialization, and advocacy, I am focused on leading change and driving growth. Through experience and study, I have developed extensive knowledge of renewable fuel capabilities, emerging trends, and realities. With a vision and track record of growth, I seek to bring this transformative fuel technology into markets throughout the United States – from scale, to partnerships, to implementation. I have spent time in locations where the effects of fossil fuel emissions were apparent. This is a preventable fate when practical, efficient alternatives are currently available. As a proponent of the circular economy model, I am dedicated to leveraging my sales and relationship acumen to lead the transition to renewable, sustainable, premium low-carbon fuel. In the quest to build more efficient and cost-effective processes, renewable energy and fuel sources provide a long-term solution to a critical need. Through my work at Neste, I am building a better future for my family and families throughout the world.

Published content

Look up: How to stop the climate change comet

article

As the climate crisis worsens and extreme weather conditions become more frequent, we cannot afford to wait.

Gaining leadership buy-in for the switch to renewable fuels 

article

Business leaders are uniquely positioned to bring about change, and climate action must be part of their operational planning.

Bold climate goals are great, but implementing them is even better

article

A company measuring its carbon handprint can develop new business models and offerings.

8 ways companies can better support team members of color

expert panel

Research shows that the pandemic has disproportionately affected the well-being and careers of people of color, and employers need to implement measures to mitigate that impact. Throughout the pandemic, numerous news stories have reported the outsized impact of COVID-19 on people of color—not just in terms of health equity but their overall well-being and career trajectory. While business leaders can’t control the course of the public health crisis, they can work to mitigate any negative secondary outcomes for their staff. One way to do this is to ensure that team members of color have the support they need to continue to grow in their careers and maintain a healthy work-life balance, both now and beyond the pandemic. To help business leaders achieve this, eight Fast Company Executive Board members share their insights and advice below.

Company details

Neste US, Inc.

Company bio

Neste (NESTE, Nasdaq Helsinki) creates solutions for combating climate change and accelerating a shift to a circular economy. We refine waste, residues and innovative raw materials into renewable fuels and sustainable feedstock for plastics and other materials. We are the world’s leading producer of renewable diesel and sustainable aviation fuel, developing chemical recycling to combat the plastic waste challenge. We aim at helping customers to reduce greenhouse gas emissions with our renewable and circular solutions by at least 20 million tons annually by 2030. As a technologically advanced refiner of high-quality oil products with a commitment to reach carbon-neutral production by 2035, we are also introducing renewable and recycled raw materials such as waste plastic as refinery raw materials. We have consistently been included in the Dow Jones Sustainability Indices and the Global 100 list of the world’s most sustainable companies. In 2020, Neste's revenue stood at EUR 11.8 billion, with 94% of the company’s comparable operating profit coming from renewable products.

Area of focus

Innovation Management

Company size

5,001 - 10,000

This member is no longer active.

Connect with innovative industry leaders in Fast Company Executive Board.

Click below to learn more about membership and publication opportunities on FastCompany.com.
See What We’re AboutDo I Qualify?
Fast Company Executive Board is a vetted professional network of company founders, executives, and leaders who are defining the future of business through innovation, creativity and design.